Monday, May 15, 2017

Then the Cavalry Came Rushing in. (5.11.17)

All life to me seems a stormy sea,
Till your hand holds mine.
Love, dear, oh you wild thing.
Some kind of otherworldly trance
Sets into my bones
As I lock into you.

Star-bound lover, how cruel of fate to tie us up so tangled.
As if pale Death thought he could keep me from you.
With his hands full of stolen hearts.
Not on my word, for it is us together
That can bend the hands of Time.

All I know is what I've seen,
And everyday this world grows darker.
Let us be the beacons we so desperately needed,
Allow all your light to shine through
And I will magnify it in all regards.

Through this misty forest,
Something new peeks through.
The feeling a small ocean thralled girl had never felt before.
Not hope, for that we have in spades.
But happiness, for the first time in forever.

We lucky few who tore through the fray,
Are charged with a glorious purpose,
To heal those who were wounded fighting by our sides.
Darling, now it's time to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment